On Feb. 1, the new directors started their duties of voluntary service at the Vasco da Gama Cultural Center.
Their names and titles include:
Rosinda Santos, general director; Manny Gomes, president of the executive committee; John Gil, vice president; Jaime Vicencio and John Rodriges, treasurers; Cristina Prestiano, secretary; John Seara, director of bar and feasts; Mike Nunes, John Ramos, Mário Roxo and Paulo Oliveira, collectors of membership dues; Sergio Fernandes, director of adult sports; Mario Dias, director of youth sports; John Rosa, director, and Jose Rodrigues, secretary of the Portuguese School.
Club officials want to emphasize the activity of the new generation of the Portuguese community for becoming members of this club and for taking the initiative of directing it during the last five years. Congratulations to all of them.
The Vasco da Gama Portuguese Club was founded on Dec. 20, 1931. Since May of 1977, this important cultural association has been located at 355 James St., Bridgeport, CT 06604.